Dear Members of The Arc Family:
We are living in unprecedented times and collectively questioning what is next amidst the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. As we’ve detailed over the past three weeks, The Arc of Camden County is continuing to monitor and respond to the almost daily changing Coronavirus situation. We continue to rely on guidance from federal and state authorities while aggressively adhering to CDC standards.
Life goes on at The Arc of Camden County while practicing social distancing and looking forward to warmer weather and healthier times.
The status of our programs remains the same. However, we continue to implement new measures in an effort to ensure the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff:
- The use of masks is now required of staff: Staff at the Hammonton Day Program are making masks
- Everyone entering residential programs are required to have their temperature taken, to wash their hands and are asked a series of questions per DDD
- Adult Day Programs is suspended for consumers until DDD authorizes return
- The Occupational Training Center is suspended for consumers until DOL authorizes return
- Residential Services: Very limited outside visitors; only essential community activities
- Administrative Support: The main office is open with limited hours, staggered and remote staffing; only essential visitors permitted
- Program Administration: Staff deployed to Arc locations to support residential services
- Day Program Staff are working in Residential programs
- Support staff shopping teams continue to pick up and deliver items including groceries to group homes as needed.
Our staff, especially those in direct support positions, are the heartbeat of our agency. We continue to commend them for their unwavering dedication to those we serve. I encourage you to continue to reach out to thank them and share your appreciation with us.
Stay safe and be well.
April 6, 2020